Human Resources Officer
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is the industry leader in quorum sensing powered animal health solutions and value-added advisory services. AHV develops multi-award-winning, innovative and sustainable solutions to overcome significant obstacles in the animal health sector. AHV are fully committed to a vastly motivated strategy of future growth and to progressing to build its reputation for the quality of its products and its customer service culture.
As a result of our continued success, we are now recruiting for a Human Resources Officer to join our world class, purpose-driven team, and challenge the status quo in our pursuit of excellence and innovation in animal health and the world.
Reporting to the Head of HR & Ops you will support the Company’s business plan including developing, managing, implementing, and integrating HR policies, programs and guidelines for the business. This role significantly impacts labour costs, recruitment and retention, employee engagement, satisfaction and well-being and learning and development.
Position: Human Resources Officer
Region/Country: UK & IE
AHV Office: Augher, NI
WHO WE ARE
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is the industry leader in quorum sensing powered animal health solutions and value-added advisory services.
AHV develops innovative and sustainable solutions to overcome significant obstacles in the animal health sector. We do this by working together with bacteria and effectively focusing on the source, i.e.; biochemical communication between bacteria.
Our mission is to empower farmers through innovation in animal health. With our solutions, service, and advice tailored to their needs, we give them control over their animal health and business results. By working together we can establish a quorum sensing powered dairy and food supply chain.
With AHV, farmers themselves can provide an effective response to bacteria’s natural defenses.
ABOUT OUR UK & IRELAND OFFICE
AHV UK & Ireland was launched to propel AHV International to global market leadership for the next generation of animal health. We are a farmer first organization which aims to empower dairy farmers with new solutions to naturally optimize animal health, improve profitability, and positively impact their environmental footprint.
Due to the novel nature of our technology, we will work directly with the dairy farmer via on-farm and data driven tools to ensure success.
If you are driven, talented and looking for an opportunity to join an innovative and advancing Company then this is the role for you.
If you are interested in the position, then please submit a CV to the HR department or alternatively call 028 8554 9600 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide operational human resource support to line managers and colleagues
- Maintain effective and compliant HR records
- Provide end to end recruitment and selection activity ensuring attraction and retention of talent
- Advise and support Managers on all employee relations issues ensuring they are resolved quickly and effectively
- Provide HR employment advice and guidance across the three jurisdictions serviced by the company (NI, ROI and GB)
- Deliver Induction to new starts and liaise with managers to ensure their effective onboarding
- Conduct exit interviews and report on key data
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of HR processes, policies and procedures in line with legislation and business needs
- Manage the probation and performance management process
- Support disciplinary, performance management processes
- Assist with annual leave requests through the Company’s software package
- Assisting the Head of HR with the strategic approach to managing change and support operations that fall within the domain of change management.
- Support the roll out of internal communications and employee engagement initiatives.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
YOUR PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a generalist HR role
- Experience of Human Resources in a start up organisation
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of current Employment Legislation for NI
- Full understanding of HR Functions and best practice
- Full UK driving license and access to transport for business use
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of current Employment Legislation for ROI & GB
- Degree in HR (Desirable)
- Member of CIPD (Desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Health Care Plan (Cash Plan)
- Social Events
- On-site Parking
- Flexible Working