From plastic to cardboard!
Our vision at AHV International is to establish a high quality and healthy food supply chain, built on our own groundbreaking technology. We improve animal health and productivity globally, by impacting the global footprint and social understanding of animal-based food production. Part of our sustainable mission for a greener future, led to the need for a more eco-friendly and functional packaging solution.
AHV International faced a complex challenge regarding their packaging process. Previously, we shipped our solutions in plastic tubs. However, we were determined to say goodbye to plastic, with sustainability and environmental awareness in mind. Our ambition was to switch to cardboard packaging and that’s where Bangma Packaging came in.
Bangma Packaging stepped in to help AHV International. Our first goal was to determine the right packaging format. We chose packaging that is process efficient and time-saving.
Next, we were advised to choose offset printing for the box. This made it possible to place the extensive product information (in several languages) on the box, with flawless printing for optimal readability. Moreover, it allowed our complete corporate identity to be presented on the box.
- Efficiency: the box with 4-point glued corners and adhesive strip makes packing and shipping quick and easy, saving valuable time as the packing process is done manually at AHV. This box ensures that it folds completely in 2 steps;
- Sturdy and strong: most boxes take a long journey to our farmers, as the solutions are used on livestock farms worldwide. Thus, the box is not only on the road for a long time, but subject to different weather conditions and diverse transport, and must therefore be able to withstand a ‘rough ride’ while at the same time properly protecting its valuable contents.
- Clear printing: thanks to offset printing, all product information is clearly legible in several languages.
- Branding: the packaging provides space for our full branding.
- Cost savings: the new packaging solution is cost-efficient, compared to the previous use of loose labels on cardboard boxes.
- Sustainable: the desire was to switch from plastic tubs to cardboard, as this fits better with our sustainable mission. A cardboard box tailored to the size of the products was therefore a logical choice.
The successful cooperation between AHV International and Bangma Packaging not only solved a packaging problem but also created an efficient, personalised solution which helps AHV International to ship products with confidence and strengthen our position in the market.
The new packaging is currently in production and will be rolled out worldwide in 2024.