WHO WE ARE
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is the industry leader in quorum sensing powered animal health solutions and value-added advisory services. AHV develops innovative and sustainable solutions to overcome significant obstacles in the animal health sector. We do this by working together with bacteria and effectively focusing on the source, i.e.; biochemical communication between bacteria.
Based on the science of quorum sensing, we develop solutions which focus on disrupting the communication between selected bacteria. By inactivating their quorum sensing, the immune system of your animals is supported in a natural and effective way.
To empower farmers through innovation in animal health.
With our solutions, service, and advice tailored to their needs, we give them control over their animal health and business results.
Our international offices are home to over 100 full-time employees, varying from our management and research teams to veterinarians and on-farm strategy advisors to guarantee our service with the highest possible standards of quality.
Being at the forefront of our industry’s collective mission to strengthen its collective position in our society, we strive to attract the brightest talents from whom we can learn and with whom we can successfully work together, like a quorum of bacteria.
OUR DNA: VALUES & BELIEFS
Our path has been paved with values that are part of our DNA. Translated into beliefs, they serve as guiding principles for our behaviors and decision-making processes.
- Quorum Sensing: Collaboration and transparent communication are vital to our sustainable growth, resulting in genuine relationships and win-win alliances.
- The best people: We spark creativity, initiate dialogue and encourage sharing ideas, while investing time and resources to cultivate our employees’ talents.
- Innovation in quality: We focus on constant innovation and value creation to find new solutions that make an impact now and in the future.
- Leadership: Growing sustainably with the courage to take risks, to innovate, to invest and to connect our clients and stakeholders.
- Integrity: The trust and respect we have for each other and our relationships infuses passion and authentic belief into everything we do, while acknowledging individual differences strengthens us.
- Involved: We serve a local experience and the unique character of each AHV branch is a direct reflection of its respective local agricultural community.
- Accountable: We rely on our collective organization to identify and solve problems and we embrace learning curves.
FROM STATUS QUO TO QUORUM
As a veterinarian, Gertjan Streefland founded AHV International in 2014. Significant challenges arose in our sector and specifically in the animal health continuum, driving AHV to present opportunities to innovate animal health. Using the quorum sensing science, we are able to present and provide an effective response to the obstacles our industry is facing to this day, empowering our global farmers community.
From our Animal Health Vision we develop and produce innovative solutions in house, based on groundbreaking science and our field experience as both farmers and veterinarians. Alongside these next-generation tools, we built our full-service Animal Health Vision Concept to support and guide our farmers with their transition to the AHV platform.
Through knowledge sharing, research, and continuous development of our processes and products, we improve the efficiency, social welfare, and environmental management of dairy farms. With a sustainable, high quality and healthy dairy and food supply chain – built on the principles of quorum sensing, we can make a real impact on our future. By presenting a continuously evolving response, we can solve and overcome obstacles providing a new approach altogether.
By collectively presenting an actual, continuously evolving response we can solve and overcome the obstacles and transit to a new approach altogether: only as a quorum (i.e., a collective) we can drive sustainable development and growth, efficiency, optimal production and progressive transition management for – and with our farmers worldwide.
At AHV, we are immensely proud of the awards we have won and the recognition we gained as we strive for excellence in everything we do.
We are honored to have received the following awards, among others; Innovation in Agrigulture award (FarmingLife, 2019), Innovation Gold award (National Dairy Show, 2019), Product Innovation award (Agriscot, 2019).
We dedicate these awards to our international and local communities of farmers, veterinarians and partners with whom we work closely.