Applied Researcher Ruminants
Do you want to shape and initiate animal health ruminant concepts based on the unique AHV Quorum Sensing Antagonist (QSA) Technology? Are you a professional Ruminant Research Manager that wants to develop and validate new valuable products and concepts to produce with less antibiotics and improving animal performance for our dairy farmers worldwide? And do you want to translate trials in valuable research dossiers and articles to validate our concept to the scientific community. Become part of the new innovative animal health organization that empowers farmers with solutions, service and tailored advice.
Position: Applied Researcher Ruminants
Region/Country: Zwolle, Netherlands
AHV Office: AHV International HQ
WHO WE ARE
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is the industry leader in quorum sensing powered animal health solutions and value-added advisory services.
AHV develops innovative and sustainable solutions to overcome significant obstacles in the animal health sector. We do this by working together with bacteria and effectively focusing on the source, i.e.; biochemical communication between bacteria.
Our mission is to empower farmers through innovation in animal health. With our solutions, service, and advice tailored to their needs, we give them control over their animal health and business results. By working together we can establish a quorum sensing powered dairy and food supply chain.
With AHV, farmers themselves can provide an effective response to bacteria’s natural defenses.
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is a fast growing company, based in the Netherlands, that approaches animal health in a different way. The company entered a new phase with international expansion in more than 25 countries bringing new exciting growth opportunities. AHV is a result-driven, entrepreneurial, open and inclusive company. You will have the opportunity to be the center-person for ruminant research in the organization. AHV offers an attractive salary package based on your background and experience.
If you are driven, talented and looking for an opportunity to join an innovative and advancing company then this is the role for you.
If you are interested in the position, then please submit a CV to the HR department and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are you going to do?
The Applied Research group is a crucial team within AHV. Based on the AHV strategy you create new ruminant products and concepts. In collaboration with our fundamental research lab and based on the input from our Product Management team, you initiate and design new research programs to improve, validate and extend our ruminant portfolio.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You are responsible to initiate and execute ruminant research projects at our customer farms or with universities or research facilities around the world.
- You review literature or results from our own fundamental lab research group and translate these to new product formulations for our AHV Udder Health, Energy and Metabolism, Uterine Health, Transition or Calf Rearing Programs.
- You design or review ruminant trial protocols for your research projects.
- You interpret trials results and write trial reports and scientific articles to convince customers and the scientific community about the mode of action or on-farm value of AHV products.
- You speak on customer events or scientific seminars about AHV research.
- You will work together with the marketing and communication department to determine the right online and offline communication and asset strategy.
- Higher professional education / university / PhD
- Veterinary background
- Dairy animal and dairy domain knowledge (industry, on-farm culture)
- 2-5 years research experience in the ruminant domain
- Experience with trial protocol design and statistical analysis
- Project based and analytically strong
- Fluent in English, Dutch is beneficial
- Assertive, positive-critical hands-on mentality
- Open, strong personality
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to live and work in The Netherlands