Data Scientist – AHV HQ
As a result of our continued success, we are now recruiting for a Data Scientist to join our world class, purpose-driven team, and challenge the status quo in our pursuit of excellence and innovation in animal health and the world.
The Data Scientist will be responsible analysing large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions. We are ushering in a new era of animal health. Are you with us?
Position: Data Scientist
Region/Country: Zwolle, The Netherlands
AHV Office: AHV International
WHO WE ARE
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is the industry leader in quorum sensing powered animal health solutions and value-added advisory services.
AHV develops innovative and sustainable solutions to overcome significant obstacles in the animal health sector. We do this by working together with bacteria and effectively focusing on the source, i.e.; biochemical communication between bacteria.
With AHV, farmers themselves can provide an effective response to bacteria’s natural defenses.
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is a fast-growing company, based in The Netherlands, that approaches animal health in a different way. The company entered a new phase with international expansion and new exciting growth opportunities. AHV is a result driven, entrepreneurial, open and inclusive company. You will have the opportunity to be the center-person for the analytical chemistry department. AHV offers an attractive salary package based on your background and experience.
If you are driven, talented and looking for an opportunity to join an innovative and advancing company then this is the role for you.
If you are interested in the position, then please submit a CV to the HR department and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Performing research activities
- Analysing historical animal data refining future concept solutions.
- Leading or supporting development activity for the requirement capture and development of appropriate analytical or data driven/ AI related tools;
- Analysing impact of solutions and related benefits for target worldwide farms;
- Analysing post-deployment data monitoring after implementation of new concepts;
- Capture of requirements and guidance, and supporting regulation and standardization process activities;
- Undertaking farm analysis and refining research results to support implementation;
- Disseminate research findings through scientific papers, presentations and communication activities;
- Performing any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Data science such as Big data or/and machine learning, Computing Science, etc.), a Master degree would be an asset.
- Understanding of analytics, machine learning and programming skills (e.g Python).
- Engineering and coding practices (has some experience developing but not software engineer level)
- AWS cloud services (or similar)
- MySQL (some experience): can extract data from our databases and research it
- Development of Machine Learning algorithms (some experience, but not an expert): able to develop some machine learning models
- Ability to write academic papers for conference and to present to internal and external audiences.
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies critical relationships.
- Problem-solving: Anticipates and solves business issues.
- Communication: Expresses information and ideas effectively.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Competitive base salary
- 40 working hour week
- Working from home options following probation
- Company pension
- Dynamic and collaborative working culture
- Laptop – all tools required to complete the position