VETERINARY TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Animal Health Vision Ireland Ltd is looking for a positive and enthusiastic person with solid agriculture experience who is keen to gain exposure to a commercial business environment.
Position: Veterinary Technical Specialist
AHV Office: AHV Ireland
WHO WE ARE
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is the industry leader in quorum sensing powered animal health solutions and value-added advisory services.
AHV develops innovative and sustainable solutions to overcome significant obstacles in the animal health sector. We do this by working together with bacteria and effectively focusing on the source, i.e.; biochemical communication between bacteria.
Our mission is to empower farmers through innovation in animal health. With our solutions, service, and advice tailored to their needs, we give them control over their animal health and business results. By working together we can establish a quorum sensing powered dairy and food supply chain.
With AHV, farmers themselves can provide an effective response to bacteria’s natural defenses.
ABOUT AHV IRELAND
AHV Ireland was launched to propel AHV International to global market leadership for the next generation of animal health. We are a farmer first organization which aims to empower dairy farmers with new solutions to naturally optimize animal health, improve profitability, and positively impact their environmental footprint.
Due to the novel nature of our technology, we will work directly with the dairy farmer via on-farm and data driven tools to ensure success.
If you recognise yourself in the profile above, we will gladly receive your application. For more information you can contact Mr George Sherlock on 087 3147351 or via email ireland [@] ahvint.com.
For more information, please contact our local office.
- Providing technical support to veterinary practices and the field sales teams for new and existing products
- Contributing to the technical aspect of developing marketing and sales strategies
- Keeping up to date with VMD regulations in Ireland to ensure all veterinary activities are in line with regulation terms
- Responding effectively to field enquiries from Veterinary surgeons and maintain client database
- Public speaking at various meetings/events on various herd health topics and product details
- Hosting webinars and discussion groups
- How much travel are they expected to do? 75% – on the road 4 days out of 5 post initial training
- Company car will be provided, fuel card, company mobile phone
- Minimum Bach Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- 2 – 3 years clinical mixed practice experience, both companion and large farm animals
- Sound technical ability
- Relationship building skills
- Experience and practical knowledge of Irish farming; specifically, the pig & dairy sectors
- Display a genuine interest in progressive livestock farming and related business activities
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of audiences
- Valid driving licence
- Highly motivated individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to work under their own initiative reporting directly to the National Sales Manger
- Well organised with high personal standards and excellent administration and IT skills
- A clear communicator in face-to-face interactions, phone, and email, both to customers and colleagues
- Has the ability to influence and persuade