VETERINARY TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
AHV International is an innovative animal health company that supplies a full-service concept and develops innovative products. Our aim is to assist dairy farmers with sustainable solutions for optimal animal health, cost-effectiveness and production. By supporting the animal’s immune system, we can maintain the overall health and wellbeing of the animal. This, in turn, benefits the animal, the farmers, milk processors, the public and the environment. These positive impacts are also financially beneficial to the farmer and the dairy industry.
Due to our recent expansion, which has been driven by customer demand, we need to employ a Veterinary Technical Specialist.
Position: Veterinary Technical Specialist
AHV Office: AHV Ireland
WHO WE ARE
AHV (Animal Health Vision) is the industry leader in quorum sensing powered animal health solutions and value-added advisory services.
AHV develops innovative and sustainable solutions to overcome significant obstacles in the animal health sector. We do this by working together with bacteria and effectively focusing on the source, i.e.; biochemical communication between bacteria.
Our mission is to empower farmers through innovation in animal health. With our solutions, service, and advice tailored to their needs, we give them control over their animal health and business results. By working together we can establish a quorum sensing powered dairy and food supply chain.
With AHV, farmers themselves can provide an effective response to bacteria’s natural defenses.
ABOUT AHV IRELAND
AHV Ireland was launched to propel AHV International to global market leadership for the next generation of animal health. We are a farmer first organization which aims to empower dairy farmers with new solutions to naturally optimize animal health, improve profitability, and positively impact their environmental footprint.
Due to the novel nature of our technology, we will work directly with the dairy farmer via on-farm and data driven tools to ensure success.
If you recognise yourself in the profile above, we will gladly receive your application. For more information you can contact Mr George Sherlock on +353 (0) 87 314 7351 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: ASAP
As a Veterinary Technical Specialist your role will be to:
- Provide technical support to veterinary practices and the field sales teams.
- Contribute to the technical aspect of developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Keep up-to-date with VMD regulations in Ireland to ensure all veterinary activities are in line with regulation terms.
- Respond effectively to field enquiries from veterinary surgeons and maintain a client database.
- Engage in public speaking at various meetings /events on various herd healthtopics and product details.
- Be a panellist on webinars and discussion groups
- Travel – 4 days on the road.
YOUR PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- UK or Irish citizenship.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Sound technical ability.
- Relationship building skills.
- Experience & practical knowledge of NI farming industry; specifically dairy & pig.
- Display genuine interest in progressive livestock farming and related business activities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of audiences.
- Valid driving licence.
- Highly motivated individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Well organised.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging position with plenty of room for initiative and development
- An open and informal working atmosphere and helpful, enthusiastic colleagues
- Competitive Salary
- Company car
- Healthcare package
- Relevant training to support career growth